Collection of Information
Aventigo collects information from you when you choose to provide it to us. For example, we collect your information when you submit a web form requesting information about one of our course offerings or otherwise contact us or provide information through the Websites. The information we collect may include personal information – such as your name, address, email address, telephone number, date of birth, government-issued identifier, prior educational background information, work experience, and the content of any communications that we exchange – as well as non-personal information when you:
- Indicate an interest in a Course (you may unsubscribe from promotional emails by clicking “unsubscribe” on the emails you receive from us).
- Create an account.
- Register for a Course directly with us, through your employer, or by other means.
- Make a payment.
- Participate in our surveys, promotions, and competitions.
- Sign up for a newsletter.
- Communicate with us, for example, by submitting queries regarding the Website; and using the Websites.
Sometimes, we require your personal information to perform a contract or comply with a legal obligation.
Information Automatically Collected
Tracking Options and Do Not Track Disclosures
Our Combination of Your Information
We combine the information we receive from and about you via the Websites and other sources to help us tailor our communications to you and improve the Websites.
Failure to Provide Personal Information
Failure to provide certain information may make it difficult or impossible for you to access some services through the Websites. You should ensure that our personal information is accurate and up-to-date. For example, we need a current email address to communicate with you about the course you choose to enrol in.
We do not direct the Websites to, nor do we knowingly collect any personal information via the Websites from, children under the age of 16. If we reasonably determine that you are under 18, we only process your personal information with the consent of your parent or legal guardian.
How We Use Your Information
We process personal information under the following legal bases. To fulfil a contract or take steps linked to a contract, including:
- Providing our services.
- Verifying your identity.
- Taking payments and communicating with you.
To conduct Aventigo’s business and pursue our legitimate interests in marketing our business, ensuring that we conduct our business in line with our objectives, improving and developing our products and services, and keeping our records accurate and up to date. This includes:
- Using your information to provide products and services you have requested and responding to any comments or complaints you may send us.
- Personalising your experience on the Websites and in any course you choose to enrol to help us better respond to your individual needs.
- Targeting advertising to individuals with similar interests or characteristics through third-party services.
- Developing new products or services or conducting analyses to enhance current products and services.
- Reviewing the usage and operations of the Websites and analysing and improving the Websites (we continually strive to improve the Websites based on the information and feedback we receive from you).
- Contacting you for legitimate business purposes.
- Using personal information to invite individuals to take part in market research.
- Where conent is not required by applicable law for direct marketing purposes.
- Protecting the security and functionality of the Websites, including using personal information you provide to investigate any complaints received from you or others about the Websites or our products and services.
Use of De-identified, Aggregate or Anonymized Information
How We Disclose Your Information
Aventigo shares your information with other entities or individuals in the following limited circumstances:
- Service Providers: We share your information with third parties that provide us with business, professional, or technical support functions. In particular, we use third-party providers for website hosting, maintenance, marketing, courier, certification, business operations, payment, and identity verification services (“Service Providers”). These Service Providers are only given access to your information to the extent necessary to process your information and/or provide services to Aventigo. They are prohibited from using or sharing your information for any other purposes. Where permitted by law, Aventigo discloses limited information about you to Service Providers to serve relevant advertising on third-party platforms to you or other audiences.
- Fraud; Security: We access and disclose your information to detect, prevent, or otherwise address fraud, security or other technical issues.
- Consent; Other: We share information with third parties when we have your consent or otherwise as described to you at the point of collection.
Information Security and Data Retention
We are committed to protecting the security of your information. We maintain what we believe to be appropriate physical, electronic, and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure your information, prevent unauthorised access, maintain accuracy, and ensure the appropriate use of your information. Your information’s accuracy, safety, and security also depend on you. Where we have given you – or where you have chosen – a password for access to any parts of the Websites, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. We ask that you not share your password with anyone. Even though we do our best to protect your information, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure, and we cannot guarantee our security measures. We are not responsible for any unauthorised access to or acquisition of your information.
Accessing and Managing Your Personal Information
If you have created a profile or are enrolled in a Course, you may access and/or update your personal information through your user profile.
In some instances, you may be eligible to (a) ask us for a copy of your personal information; (b) correct, delete, or restrict processing of your personal information; and/or (c) obtain the personal information you provide to us in a structured, machine-readable format. In addition, you may have the right under applicable law to object to processing your personal information in some circumstances.
Your rights regarding your personal information may be limited, for example, if fulfilling your request would reveal personal information about another person or would infringe the rights of a third party (including our rights), or if you ask us to delete information which we are required by law to keep or have compelling legitimate interests in keeping. We will inform you of the relevant exemption upon which we rely when responding to any request you make.
Our use of certain personal information is necessary for us to provide information about the Course or to provide services to you through the Websites or otherwise. Choose not to provide this personal information or request that Aventigo delete or restrict the processing of this personal information. You may not be able to participate in the Course, and we may not be able to provide you with other services, including those provided through the Websites or advertised about the Course.
Public Forums; Publicly Available Content
Any information you may disclose through the Websites on message boards, chat rooms, or other public areas, such as on webinars you attend about the Course, may be viewed by others, including your classmates and learning facilitators. Please exercise caution when disclosing personal information in these public areas. If you do not want Aventigo to store metadata associated with your content, please remove the metadata before uploading your content.
Feel free to contact us if you have any questions.
- Via Email: email@example.com
- Via Phone: +35924371682